Vikings Add 2 to Practice Squad

Vikings have added LB Tyrone McKenzie and DB Domonique Johnson to their practice squad and release FB Matt Asiata and DL Cedric McKinley according to Mike Wobschall.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Submit to Digg  Stumble This Story  Share on Twitter  Post on Facebook  Post on MySpace  Add to  Bark It Up  Submit to Reddit  Fave on Technorati

16 Responses to “Vikings Add 2 to Practice Squad”

1. CalVkg says:

don’t know about the individual players, but position-wise looks like a good trade off. PS guys have to be considered long term projects, but these positions could be used soon in case of injuries

2. Zag says:

Tyrone McKenzie was in the running for the Bucs’ starting MLB spot this season. With some development, he could potentially become a very good player.

3. bisatc says:

I agree. More good moves from a competant coaching staff?

4. Tomb... says:

Competent coaching is awfully damn nice.

However, the dark and messed up part of me sort of misses the weird sh*t Chilly would say.

We haven’t heard about rock skipping, or people changing their bodies around, or hearing about him crossdressing on the plane ride, or things like:

“He’s like a piece of gristle. He’s got a great squirt in the hole. Playing behind 6-7 guys, he’s hard to find back there.”

That last one’s a bit creepy.

Q. Aside from the Viking which team are you looking forward to watching Week one?

• CalVkg says:

lost, we can’t lose with the aints-phackers game

even if the phackheads don’t lose, the aints lose! weeeee!!!!

just hopin a QB gets a torn aorta from a monster hit

• Tomb... says:

Damn it Cal, Tim would prefer if you said we can’t win, as one of THEM has to win….ya homer.

• bisatc says:

CalVkg said “just hopin a QB gets a torn aorta from a monster hit”

again, such words.

and I couldn’t agree with you more. Perhaps just a wee bit of retribution for that fixed game of a Championship and following opening game with the Saints of the ‘rotton year’. and for the pack, well….their the pack. tear, aorta, tear. LOL

• CalVkg says:

i feel sooo eeevilll!!!!!

• Malte says:

I’m hoping for both Quaterbacks is unable to finish the season after the game (due to eye injury, seems more human) – and I hope it will end as a Tie 😀

I gotta admit I would feel pretty bad if anyone, including Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees, got a torn aorta. I’m no doctor, but that does not sound good – and I’m gonna suggest, could be life threatening.

I prefer that both QB’s stay healthy for two reasons:

1. If and when we beat them, there is no “…if we had our top QB…” whining and excusing going on.

1. If we lose to them with a back-up QB, how bad are we then?

I never liked playing teams with any of their guys out. Bring on your best shot, I say.

6. bisatc says:

Creepy indeed Tomb. lol You know what else was…Chilly’s offense. Thank god for Bill Musgrave. We may actually witness the full potential of Adrian Peterson this year!

Q. I know Xavier Adibi was injury plagued, but I thought he played well in the preseason. Your thoughts on his being cut and do you know if he made any of the other teams?

John McClain: He was claimed by Minnesota. I think he started well but then began to get nicked up, and they didn’t want to go though that with him again.

Q. Why did the Texan release Adibi? LB seems an area of concern with Cushing being a shell of his first year and Ryans coming off injuries

McClain: Sharpton is the backup at both inside spots. He had a good preseason. Adibi started fast but started getting nicked up with minor injuries. I think they ran out of patience with him as far as staying healthy.

Q. Do you think demeco ryans is undersized to play in a 3-4 defense? thats why he was passed up in the 06 draft .. or so they say

McClain: ILBs in a 3-4 are smaller. He weighs 250. Cushing is 252. Size won’t be an issue with them. Health might be. Sharpton is a top backup if either is injured and misses time.

8. bisatc says:

lol at Tomb again. yes, a yeast infection would be a fine ending for Gregg Williams.

and of course, I jest, as you do about bodily/life harm to these players. I just hate them.