Adrian Peterson Locked Up Long Term

The Vikings have agreed with Adrian Peterson on a 7 year deal. Pro Football Talk reporting it worth $100 Million and 36M Guaranteed.

Now Greenway and Peterson are both locked up long term.

Adrian had this to say: “Today is an incredible day. Minnesota’s where I want to be and I’m excited to continue playing for you.”

19 Responses to “Adrian Peterson Locked Up Long Term”

Great. Chris Johnson’s guaranted was $ 31 million and I recall based on a six year deal but PFT says four.

Revenues from the ESPN MNF deal should help.

2. Justin gallardo says:

Well worth it..now only if we could sign some solid olinemen 2 help him…and another fast wr..harvin and who?

3. bisatc says:

Woooooooooo hoooooooooooo! awesome. The NFL’s best player (IMO), and my favorite sports role-model for my kids, will be a Viking for his entire career!

4. Ted Brown 23 says:

This guy is a horse! He’ll retire in purple, awesome!!!!!

5. Norseman66 says:

I’m excited for the Vikes and for AP. I would like to know how much he got for a signing bonus and how that would help with the salary cap this year and next year.

WOW!!! That’s a pretty big number but I guess with being argueably the best in the bizz he’s earned it. I do wonder if there’s an injury clause in this deal though?

7. briano29 says:

According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, $32 million of the $36 million is guaranteed for skill and injury. The other $4 million is guaranteed for injury only, meaning the Vikings wouldn’t have to pay Peterson that final $4 million if he is ever released for performance reasons.

8. Vikadan11 says:

Thats a lot of money to tie up in a RB who carries the ball as many times as AP does ~ I’m not saying he isn’t worth it ~ There is only one AP and hopefully the OL will play well enough to keep some running lanes open ~

9. VSU Blazerlady says:

What a relief……when I first saw the headline, I thought he had been arrested….

10. Zag says:

Now we just need to invest some money and/or draft picks into the secondary and o-line.

I personally don’t think AP is going to decline like some RBs do, at least not for a while. Let’s win a Superbowl while we’ve got the best RB in football. Put four years on the clock!

11. akvikesfan says:

Great news! It may turn out to be a poor investment, but he’s the face of the franchise.

This could also help make Minnesota attractive to future free agents. AD didn’t have to hold out or complain to get that big dollar deal. Win-Win situation.

12. CalVkg says:

good. had to be done. ya don’t let a guy like that get away

next, a new minn. stadium. and a title

13. akvikesfan says:

This deal should put an end to any “should the vikings trade Adrian?” discussions.

They won’t want to trade him until he starts to decline. Once on the decline, no team will trade for him at that price tag.

Let’s also hope this ends Adrian referring to himself as a slave. Freds guy is making enough to buy the plantation.

15. CalVkg says:

this also lets us know where we’re at cap-wise for signing players next week when the full year salary guarantee is eliminated

Good for Adrian,
    Glad to see this is in the rearview mirror…

17. fozz44 says:

Excellent news. Let’s hope he brings the hammer to the Chargers tomorrow in celebration.

No Childress….I’m predicting 1800 yds from AD this year.

18. vk4life says:

And in the near future if Ponder is really who we hope he will be, will be able to have a great running back to lean on as well so he won’t have to do it all by himself. Now 1st pick for next years draft HAS to be a O lineman! hey Fozz I have to go out on a limb and say he gets his 2000 rushing and total all purpose yards approx 2400 yards! Heres hoping anyways

19. BleacherBoy says:

Good to know that Purple Jesus will continue to fill Sundays (and fulfill prayers) in Minnesota for years to come!