What To Do If You Can’t Watch The Vikings Game

Many Vikings fans like myself live outside of Minnesota, and on some weekeneds the Vikings game may be blacked out in our local television market. So what are Vikings fans to do?

If attending the game and tuning in at home aren’t options, Vikings fans can at least stay in the know with NFL Mobile, available through Verizon Wireless.

All customers who download NFL Mobile have access to:

• The latest news, information, schedules and scores from around the league;
  • Extensive video on demand of game day and other exciting team action;
  • New and improved Fantasy Football Tracker with deep links to the NFL.com Fantasy Football game;
  • On demand access to NFL Films content;
  • The ability to set your favorite team and receive daily text alerts with NFL highlights when new content is available;
  • Live audio broadcasts of all regular and postseason games, including Super Bowl, with a number of games also available in Spanish;
  • A redesigned scores page with enhanced content to keep you on top of all the action pre, post and during the game.

Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone customers have access to NFL Mobile premium, including all video, for the entire season. Customers with 3G smartphones who want even more NFL video can subscribe to Verizon Video for $10/month.

Premium video includes:

• Live streaming video of NBC’s Sunday Night Football and ESPN’s Monday Night Football all season and eight NFL Network Thursday Night Football games;
  • Live streaming video of NFL Network, the only network devoted to football 24/7; and
  • NFL RedZone with live look-ins featuring every touchdown from every game on Sunday afternoons.

This was my first NFL weekend with NFL Mobile, and I’m already a believer.. We had a dinner party to attend last night, but I was able to keep tabs on the games using my new Droid Bionic. It was pretty slick!

In accordance with the FTC Guidelines, I am disclosing that I have received a Motorola Droid Bionic from Verizon Wireless free of charge, in return for my agreement to blog about my experiences with the Droid Bionic. Although I have a material connection to Verizon Wireless, any publicy stated opinions of Verizon Wireless and their products remain my own.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

17 Responses to “What To Do If You Can’t Watch The Vikings Game”

1. bisatc says:

Another $10 to an already outrageous bill, no thanks. Verizon gets enought of my hard-earned money already.

2. TexVike55 says:

As of now in this season, NOT watching a Viking game is a blessing.

3. Brendan says:

Streams games every Sunday.. Not greatest quality and sometimes doesn’t show up til after the game starts, but all-in-all, can’t complain

4. krugjr says:

5. Gary says:

LOL……Is this a heads up for future blacked out games??

Comment from our friend Seifert this morning with funny story about Bernard Berrian….http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/32117/free-head-exam-minnesota-vikings-20

7. Tomb... says:

A few Tomb observations for your mockery:

I’m guessing, to a man, that when the Vikings coaching staff sits down for a meeting, that if any of them sit down awkwardly and catches a nut under a leg, they let it ride, as they are completely opposed to making beneficial adjustments.

McNabb. The guy came in with a reputation for throwing grass-skippers. From what I’ve seen, the reputation is well earned. Sure, he’ll mix it up and overthrow once in awhile (Gerhart screen pass anyone?), but the point still stands. We know what we have. It’s not like we’re waiting for him to what, turn 36, put on a few more pounds, then he’s finally going to get it?

Get rid of him. He is neither the future, nor the present. Plus, when I look at him, the one thing in common I feel he has with Brad Childress is that I bet they both have a weird smell to them. If I had to guess, it would be that point where milk starts to go sour. Not the overwhelming rotten milk smell…more like when you really want a bowl of cereal, but the milk just smells odd when you give it a sniff. Sure, you give thought to drinking it anyways, because you really want the cereal, but ultimately it’s just too questionable.

Berrian. That young lady sucks. Nuff said.

Kyle Rudolph. Nice one handed snag on the horrible McNabb throw. Actually that’s redundant, I should just say on the McNabb throw.

Not our team, but: Cassell…am I the only one that thinks his eyes are just too close together? Makes losing to him that much harder to stomach.

EJ…what’s going on buddy?

Griffen and Sanford: horribly embarrassing celebrations…but at least Sanford didn’t get penalized before celebrating. Good Gravy.

Had a couple of looks at Gerhart screen pass and wouldn’t conclude it was poorly thrown. Wasn’t a great throw. However, Gerhart had two hands on it.

Fourth down throw to Shiancoe wasn’t within reach. Comments about McNabb having trouble connecting on outside routes were interesting. You’ve seen the games, Tomb. I’m just getting the odd highlight.

Here’s John Clayton’s comment about KC game…

Although ugly, the Chiefs’ 22-17 victory over the Viking was important for coach Todd Haley and quarterback Matt Cassel. “Matt Cassel battled today,” Haley, who’d had a sideline argument with his quarterback during the game, told reporters afterward. “If we don’t beat ourselves in games, we have a chance to be a good team.” Cassel didn’t have his running game, getting only 37 yards out of Thomas Jones, and had to provide 20 of the Chief’ 103 rushing yards himself. But he kept drives alive long enough to get field goals (K.C. got five Sunday), completing 18 of 29 passes for 260 yards. …”

Tomb, had to laugh at the analogy.

Comparing Childress and McNabb to milk past the due date. Funny stuff.

10. CalVkg says:

What To Do If You Can’t Watch The Vikings Game?

i’m sure we all can figure that out on our own without that annoying stadium tv bar at the bottom of the page now. dump it

• CJ says:

Does the Stadium TV bar bother anyone else?

Matt and me added it because they’ve got some pretty great content.. But if you guys don’t like it, let us know and we’ll remove it.

11. You really make it seem so easy together with your presentation but I in finding this topic to be really one thing that I think I would never understand. It seems too complex and extremely large for me. I am looking ahead in your subsequent publish, I will attempt to get the hold of it!