Vikings Work Out a OT and OG

Aaron Wilson of FOX Sports is reporting the Vikings worked out OT Ryan Harris and OG Garrett Chisolm this week.

-Ryan Harris, a former Denver Bronco who has had back problems through out his career. He was slated to start at RT for the Eagles this year but another back surgery led to his release.

-Garrett Chisolm is a rookie from South Carolina who spent some time on the Dolphins practice squad.

6 Responses to “Vikings Work Out a OT and OG”

Thought we were trying to gain more stability through the O-line with continuity.

Haven’t Vike replaced the original O-line backups already with lesser O-line backups? Kooistra/Seth Olsen/Ryan Cook/Jon Cooper/Chris DeGeare/new guy/next newguy/etc. Seems our O-line depth no better than Tice’s Bear line.

• Randy Perrin says:

It’s normal for teams to bring in players during the week for workouts. I don’t think Vikings really plan on signing anyone unless injuries pile up but its more for getting a feel for players and having some notes on them for future reference if needed. DeMarcus Love has potential down the road but will need plenty of time to groom. I also believe DeGeare could be a starter in the league but needs to apply himself better. Coming into this year overweight was a sure way to find yourself on the practice squad. All hope is not lost tho.

The backup lineman are not getting enough chances to play. Before the trade deadline we should show DeMarcus Love and not give Chris deGeares.

Good ones, Lost. I look forward to hearing whether or not Tomb approves of your puns. He is no fan of my attempts, thats for sure.

3. Gary says:

We have to let the professionals decide whats best for the team. Im sure they are doing the best they can. Its only a game. I have 2 favorite teams, the Vikings and whoever plays the packers. Looks like Lions are going to be the only team who can beat (maybe) the Packers. As long as the packers get knocked out somehow I will feel like a winner! đŸ™‚

• Purple Faithful says:

Dallas is a possibility. They have enough defense, as long as they don’t Romo themselves. I’m hopeful greenbay falls on it’s face in the postseason. It’s the only thing I can look forward to this year.