Adrian Peterson leaves game; return questionable

Minnesota Vikings star running back Adrian Peterson has left the game against Oakland with an ankle injury.

Peterson hobbled off the field at the end of the first quarter after a tough 12-yard run through heavy traffic. His left ankle rolled hard as he was brought down by the Raiders, and he could barely put weight on it as he was helped to the sideline by team trainers. Peterson grimaced on the table while his ankle was looked at and rode on a cart to the locker room for further examination.

Peterson entered the week fifth in the NFL in rushing with 846 yards. He scored his 11th rushing touchdown before he got hurt.

The Vikings said his return was questionable.

7 Responses to “Adrian Peterson leaves game; return questionable”

1. krugjr says:

greenway……take your contract and go right back to pig farming….another spielman gem to franchise this guy, who is barely average, and TERRIBLE today…

2. krugjr says:

reading all the comments after “the loss”…..so many saying clean house, clean house…we need this, we need that….well guess what, those are the same needs we’ve had for 5-6 yrs…a thought and I’m outta here for another week (or so):

coaching is over rated, QB play the same, this game is won when you have a more talented roster than the other guys, and ever since the wilfs took over and went with the triangle of authority instead of a GM to run all football operations, the Vikes have had two men in charge of player personel who are incapable of finding talent….so cleaning house, players and coaches, wouldn’t get us anywhere as long as spielman and the trapezoid thing are still here…best “change” for the future of the Purple, the wilfs fire spielman, hire a GM who will find the right personel guy, then we will have reason to cheer again…..if you can’t do that, Zygi, sell out and move out!

GO VIKES!!!!!

3. bisatc says:

I see AD back on the sideline…. hope to god he is not hurt seriously.

4. Gary says:

Had a real good golf outing today, 10 over par, sand kept me in trouble most holes, hope to improve my game next week!

5. krugjr says:

Gary…your game had 18 flags….ours had over 20…ha ha beatcha…

hmmmmm, OC still can’t figure a way to get the ball in webb’s hands even once!

c’mon colts, win a couple!

• Skol12 says:

This just in!

Indianapolis now has more fans in Minnesota and the Dakota’s than in Ohio for the remainder of the 2011-2012 NFL season.

6. Gary says:

LOL on the flags, I didnt see the game, but from the replays, it looked as they didnt give up. I still believe whoever brought in McNabb this year, needs to be the first person replaced….Ponder is going to be 1 helluv a qb someday, its just to bad by the time they get rebuilt, Jared Allen will be on his way out……who knows……I do know 1 thing for sure, I really like my new clubs, and can only see my game improving from here on out!