Tucker Turns Down the Vikings to Stick with the Jaguars

Mel Tucker has turned down an offer from the Vikings and will remain the Jaguars defensive coordinator, ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports.

The Jaguars ranked sixth in total defense, ninth against the run and were eighth against the pass, and ranked 11th in scoring defense in 2011. Tucker replaced Jack Del Rio on an interim basis to close out the season, with the Jaguars going 2-3. Though Tucker was a candidate for the permanent position, the club hired Mike Mularkey on Tuesday night.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

7 Responses to “Tucker Turns Down the Vikings to Stick with the Jaguars”

1. Vikadan11 says:

Hard to get a DC to take this gig when they know that Mike Singletary will be on his staff and look over his shoulder ~ Mike will be the DC before the weekend is over IMHO and it will play out just like Frazier wanted ~ If my gut feeling comes true (I still hope it doesn’t)

“”””””The Leslie and Mike”””””””

show will not be picked up for the 2013 season ~ The only thing I look for to is FA and the draft because there are as many question marks on the staff as there are on the roster to over excited about 2012 for me that is ~

As always when it comes to a bad feeling about the Vikings I would lover to be wrong because I want the coaches and the player to do well ~ That goes for Rick Spielman as the GM ~

I hope Rick is batting 1000 after FA and the draft and picking which players make the final roster ~ Yet hope and faith in someone are two different things ~

2. vk4life says:

I am 50/50 I know people don’t want singletary as the DC. But I know one thing is for sure, he will definately bring a ton of emtion to the defensive side that we have missed since Tomlin left. I just want whom ever takes over for it to to work and get us back on the right track! Skol!!!

3. xtap59 says:

Now what happens if the Vikings retain Pagac as DC? I wonder how he feels right now with the Vikings actively shopping to replace him?

• Lost Viking says:

Sport reporters are making too much of an issue about Pagac still being paid as DC. Undoubtedly someone has sat down with him, just as they did with Bevill Bevill, and told Pagac he won’t be DC in 2012.

As a considerate and pragmatic arrangement the Vike can keep Pagac in DC role until the replacement is found. The new DC will select his coaches and expect Pagac’s CV to be in the pile before him.

At same time Pagac can look for a job as an incumbent as opposed to a fired Defensive Coordinator. Viking are not showing disrespect. It is just the opposite. It may require the outright firing of a couple of sports reporters before they preceive this subtle distinction.

• xtap59 says:

I don’t know how considerate the Vikings are to Pagac letting him sit and wait while other coaches are actively searching for new jobs. Every day the Vikings leave him in this arrangement he gets further behind in securing a new job.

4. Vikadan11 says:

There has been talk about Frazier wanting to keep Pagac and let him take back the LBers ~ Maybe it’s something they both want ~ ? Yet if no DC is found soon Pagac would remain the DC until after the Senior Bowl ~

Last year Beveel was looking for another job while the Vikings were interviewing OC ~ But Pagac seem to be staying out put ~

Just a thoughts ~

5. Jay says:

I still believe the 2012 DC hasn’t even been mentioned yet. Perhaps Packers DBs coach (and former Steelers safety) Darren Perry?