Vikings Re-Sign WR Devin Aromashodu

Jeremy Fowler of the Pioneer Press reported Vikings have signed Devin Aromashodu to a one year contract. Another prove it deal for a rebuilding team looking for players who will help them win long term.

Aromashodu caught 26 balls last year for 468 yards and a TD. He has good size (6’2, 201) and speed but has failed to show any type of consistency in the 4 seasons he’s played.

8 Responses to “Vikings Re-Sign WR Devin Aromashodu”

1. 4eversteve says:

The talent is there he just lacks consistency, has one good game and disappears for few, don’t know if he will ever figure out.

2. Dr. K says:

This is a stop gap. We didn’t sign a big name reciever and there aren’t any left. We are rebuilding and not going to spend big money on free agents for another couple of years. Stadium deal has to be approved and Ponder will have to show something before we spend. Hope this young man comes blossoms this year and Ponder shows promise of being a franchise QB.

3. 4eversteve says:

If the Vikings can’t keep teams from stacking the line of scrimmage, it will be hard of Ponder to develop into the quarterback the Vikings are hoping for. He needs weapons on the field to keep defenses honest and off balance!

4. Stonginator says:

Please . . . Write about something interesring. I know the Vikings are making it extremely difficult, but . . .
    If they do not get someone of substance soon, Ponder’s “career” will be over this year.

5. SDViking says:

Lofton just signed with New Orleans, just an FYI

-SDV

6. Vikadan11 says:

I have to wonder if Blackmon couldn’t be the target at 3 ~ I want Kalil but I could live with Blackmon ~ I know they need a LT ~ But with Loadholt at RT it doesn’t matter if Kalil is at LT or not ~ Truth be told the Vikings should draft Kalil in round 1 and the best RT on the board in round two ~

Blackmon make just as much sense as Kalil to me ~ I dont see Blackmon as a but or a bigger risk than Kalil ~ But something keep me coming back to Kalil as the pick ~

JMHO here I see the Vikings going defense in round two but I wouldn’t be upset if the focused on rebuilding one side in this up coming draft ~

So I’m not much on the later round talents so I ask is there any good WR’s out there that could fit the bill (big~fast~jumper~good hands) that can be found in round 3 and 4 ~ The need to load up in this area with their extra picks in hopes of hitting on someone ~

Devin shouldn’t be more that a #4 or #5 WR on any roster ~ But maybe the coaches see something in him I dont ~ It wold be the first time I was wrong about something ~ LOL

Aromashodu statistics from 2011 have an aroma.

He catches about one in three balls thrown his way compared to Harvin who manages three of four. Now, Harvin receives a lot of shorter throws but Aromashodu shouldn’t be expected to make the roster unless he becomes more reliable target. He took over from Berrian without taking advantage of the opportunity.

Agree with VikaDan. Marginal talent who needs to show a whole lot more

8. Russell says:

None of the vikings improve because Coach Fraiser is to soft on them the only players that give 100% are the ones that want to not because it is demanded of them. The gm and all coaches must go so they can have a decent staff when our new dome we are building for that fricking owner is done. But he should get someone else to staff all jobs it’t plain to see the owners know nothing about football.