Vikings Sign WR Jerome Simpson

Jay Glazer has reported that the Vikings have signed ex-Bengals receiver Jerome Simpson to a one year deal. The NFL announced today that Simpson would be suspended for 3 games but that didn’t seem to scare off the Vikings.

I think this is one of the Vikings better free agent additions this year. Simpson gives the Vikings a verticle threat that they currently do not have and although it doesn’t solve all of our receiver problems, it should help. Simpson is coming off his best year to date where he caught 50 balls for 725 yards and 4 TDs.

8 Responses to “Vikings Sign WR Jerome Simpson”

1. VikingJohn says:

Might help if he doesn’t go up in smoke first????
    Go Vikes

2. SDViking says:

I like this signing. I have been hoping we’d give him a chance since the beginning of free agency. Can’t wait til week 4!

-SDV

• Purple Charlie says:

SD,
      I,m with ya, Glad they gave the kid a chance, Allot of upside, plus I think it cuts the chances of Blackmon now …

Hope he shines in week 4

3. M Bridges says:

Finally some progress on the WR situation. Has been a sore spot since S.R. left. IF the Vikings don’t draft Kalil or trade out of no. 3 I would love to see em take Blackmon out of Okie St. I would love to see the team rock it in passing and rushing again like the days of old. In all honesty I’d love to see em trade out of no.3 and stay in the top 10 and pick up a great pick with their pick and use the extra picks from the trade to shore up that D. especially the D Backfield. Just my hopes. I’ve been a team fan for almost 4 decades and I just wanna see em win and get back to the playoffs!

• Purple Charlie says:

M,
      Really hope they take Kalil, Really can,t see them taking Claborne with the Draft being is deep as it is for the secondary.

Hope they use 2nd round pick for secondary…

Did you catch the subtle dig Spielman took at Childress..?

” Spielman made clear his pursuit of Simpson was not a whirlwind affair, but instead dated back four years, when the Vikings targeted him as a high priority in the 2008 draft ”

Vike moved up to take Tyrell Johnson in 2nd round @43. Bengal drafted Simpson @ 46.

In 2008 Spielman was still running around Viking offices in short pants.

Fearless prediction.

Vike get to 5th round pick and suddenly their intended targets come off the Board.

Viking remember they interviewed Florida running back Chris Rainey during the NFL Scouting Combine. Rainey, known for his blistering speed and burst more than anything else, could be the effective third-down back that they haven’t had since Chester Taylor.

Although only 5′ 8″ Rainey is one of the fastest players in the 2012 draft class. Mixed with an impressive arsenal of moves and good hip flexibility, his speed makes him extremely dangerous in the open field.

Rainey was the lead Florida in rushing yards, receptions, punt return yards and all-purpose yards in one season. That fact right there should be more than enough to prove Rainey’s versatility and the potential that he holds as a utility player. Not only can he run the ball and pick up yards on the ground, but he also has the ability to catch passes

However, Spielman momentarily gets confused and writes Bobby Rainey on the card. Western Kentucky Bob Rainey – even shorter at 5′ 7″ instantly establishes himself on kick returns and becomes franchise favorite.

6. jo says:

I actually like this signing….