Football Nation.com has recently released it’s list of “10 Hardest Hitters In The NFL Today”. The Vikings own Harrison Smith was selected at # 9.
High praise for a player about to enter his 2nd season as a pro. It is clear that the rest of the league is getting to know what Viking fans have known all along. That Smith is a “Bone-Crusher” !
Take a quick look at what the people down at FN have to say about Harrison Smith.
“Antoine Winfield may be gone but that doesn’t mean the Vikings’ secondary has become a safer neighborhood for opposing receivers to hang out.
The No. 29 overall pick in the 2012 added some swagger to a Vikings’ secondary that was one of the jokes of the NFL in 2011.
Smith earned instant respect at his first training camp by refusing to back down in a confrontation with then teammate Percy Harvin and carried that attitude into the 2012 season. In Week 4 against the Lions in Detroit he blew up Calvin Johnson in the end zone to prevent a sure touchdown in a game the Vikings won 20-3.”
Patrick Willis – Linbacker, – S.F. 49ers topped the list at # 1 , followed in order by:
2. Kam Chancellor – Safety, Seattle Seahawks
3. J.J. Watt – Defensive End, Houston Texans
4. Clay Matthews – Linebacker, Green Bay Packers
5. LaRon Landry – Safety, Indianapolis Colts
6. Dashon Goldson – Safety, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
7. Lance Briggs – Linebacker, Chicago Bears
8. Mark Barron – Safety, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
9. Harrison Smith – Safety, Minnesota Vikings
10. Ryan Clark – Safety, Pittsburgh Steelers