Vikings Find Out That Joe Buck Will Be At The Game

The Vikings found out Joe Buck will be announcing yet another one of their games so they decided to try out ear plugs during practice today.

The Vikings are pretending that they will practice with ear plugs because of the noise level expected at the Super Dome.  They’re not fooling me, however, and I KNOW it is actually because they can’t stand hearing Joe Buck’s “analysis” about how disgraceful this Vikings team is every time they do anything.

Here is a thought about the atmosphere at the Super Dome.  Does the fact that the Vikings have had to put up with Brett Favre’s debut in week one, Brett Favre’s home debut in week three, Brett Favre playing his former team in week four, and Brett Favre’s return to Green Bay in week eight put them at any sort of advantage?

I have a hard time seeing the New Orleans crowd matching the intensity that Green Bay emitted on November 1st.

I’m just saying, besides the communication issue, this team has some experience under their belt in dealing with amped up crowds.  I hope it helps.

11 Responses to “Vikings Find Out That Joe Buck Will Be At The Game”

1. Tomb... says:

This morning, after I drank a steaming cup of coffee, I grabbed the newspaper and headed to the bathroom to drop my daily Joe Buck.

Well… that was enlightening. Thanks. I, on the other hand, had chili for my evening meal, so I experienced more of a Jerry Jones, if you know what I mean.

2. G.P. says:

Hey all,
    My friend sent this to me and I thought it was funny so, I thought I’d share with my boys here at Vikings Gab.

Our Favre who art in Minnesota hallowed be thy name. Thy bowl will come, it will be won, In Miami as it is in the Dome. Give us this Sunday, our weekly win. Give us touchdown passes, but do not let others pass against us. Lead us not into frustration, but deliver us to the Super Bowl. For thine …is the MVP, the best …of the NFC, and the glory of the Purple People Eaters now and forever!!!

Warwas I know you’re not exactly on the Farve wagon but I know your all about the team.

Who Dat …? Nobody!

3. G.P. says:

Funny Tomb funny!

4. AnotherBlondeViking says:

That’s great, GP!!!

5. PackerMax says:

When Joe Buck and Troy Aikman call games, they sound like they are watching paint dry and commenting on the different shades of color as the time passes on. I have heard Joe Buck break from his monotone once in reference to Randy Moss’ backside, “That is a disgusting act by Randy Moss.” The man seems to be incapable of getting excited about an actual football play. Regardless of who you root for, the Packers-Cardinals playoff game was one of the most exciting games I’ve seen this season. Joe Buck and Troy Aikman called the game as if they were watching the bottom of the 4th inning of an exhibition baseball game.

If you live in or near Minnesota, I would suggest pushing the mute button on your television this Sunday and turning on the radio to listen to Paul Allen.

…just for reference, PM, were there any runners on base in that 4th inning? What sort of command did the starters have, if I may ask.

6. Todd says:

I guess I am not alone. I have hated Joe’s work with the Vikings for along time. I wish there was something we could do to get “him Outa there”

I think Joe Buck would make an excellent soccer announcer. He would need to work on his goal score call, but other than that, I see a good fit.

Freds hopes that rump ranger Joe Bucks snaps a femur before the game and can’t make the call. Freds is getting tired of having the volume down on the set during games.

9. Pete says:

I have a hard time with most of the announcers
    you’d think they were super heroes when they played. The worst is Dan Deardick followed by Joe Buck. What’s thier problem with the vikings.