Bringing In A Top Prospect

Scout.com continues to keep us updated (hey, and this one is free!) on players that the Vikings are bringing in for visits prior to the Draft.

This one is a bit of a surprise to me, as this prospect has been mocked to the Raiders at the #8 spot in the majority of the mock drafts I have seen.

Bruce Campbell is a tackle out of Maryland that wowed scouts at the combine by running a 4.85.  At 6′ 6″ and 314 pounds, his athleticism would make him an ideal candidate for the Vikings zone-blocking scheme.

37 Responses to “Bringing In A Top Prospect”

1. Norseman66 says:

I read and heard in quite a few places that his stock is falling. Quite a few scouts say he’s a workout warrior but his tapes say that he isn’t translating that onto the field. Which would make sense for the Raiders to take him at #8 providing he can run fast.

2. Tomb... says:

Bruce Campbell? Isn’t that the guy from the Evil Dead movies?

I hope they draft a CB in the first round. Pike in the 2nd.

“Listen, and understand. That Chilly metaphor is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.”

Tombs!

4. Tomb... says:

Hi ya gentlemen…it’s a rough economy. Tombs was offered less money to keep his job, but I figure I can do better on my own. Been busy buying new Droid phones and laptops and high speed internet and such. Now I’m drowning in technology. Amazing the kind of stuff they’re inventing these days.

When’s the draft????

I welcome you back as well Tomb. Guys around here kept asking about you. Now Coach has disappeared, do you know where he is?

On the topic at hand, I wonder if McKinnie is secretly shopped around for a higher draft pick. No way Campbell falls to 30.

• Norseman66 says:

BJ84,

Have you been reading the new mocks lately? The latest one’s I’ve seen have Campbell going anywhere from 15-25. Have you seen the same thing?

Norse, no I havent been keeping up with the mocks lately. I just watched him a little at the combine and they were really raving about him. I tend to leave the research to Adam and the rest of you guys.

6. Coolio says:

I would rather have iupati. Hey tombs hope your doing well in your new career.

7. Norseman66 says:

Hey Adam,

Silva at PFT just posted his 2010 QB rankings for the draft and where he thinks they will go. I know it will make you happy because he has Clausen at #2 and going to the Vikes. FYI.

Haha, yeah I saw that. I think Clausen’s chances of falling to #30 are about as good as my chances of winning a Pulitzer for the above post. I’m sure silva is a nice guy, but in this case he is wr-wr-wr-mistaken.

Why would the most talented quarterback in this draft fall to #30? Even Sanchez didn’t get anywhere close to falling out of the top 10, and there were many more ?’s about him.

• Norseman66 says:

Don’t know, just thought you might get a chuckle out of that because I know how much you like Clausen. They should put a disclaimer on any rankings or mocks they post on PFT that says “For Entertainment Purposes Only”

yeah, I like PFT more than most people I think, but their draft coverage is amazingly consistent in its awfulness.

• Norseman66 says:

Agreed, one really has to wonder about their true and overall knowledge of the draft process and the actual teams themselves. Oh well, is the draft here yet!?

Yeah, but at least the price is right (free)! I’d take their opinion for free anyday as opposed to paying for somebody else’s at Vikings Update, ESPN, or Star Tribune.

Adam, what are your thoughts on Campbell dropping down the draft boards?

He may very well fall, I don’t see him making it to the #30, but who knows.

Well there’s only two reasons that the vikes worked him out then. They either think he’ll fall to them or something is in the works on having a higher first round pick.

• Norseman66 says:

Is it possible for the Vikes working on a trade behind closed doors with another team for McKinney and looking to use that high pick for maybe someone like Campbell? Sorry, trying to stir the waters a bit

Hey Norse, we love to stir the waters around here. That’s why it’s called the Gab.

Johnny,

Freds hopes you’re watching the Northern Iowa hoopsters give Michigan State all they can this evening in the big tournament.

CBS.

Just look for the team with 4 white guys on the court, THAT is the Northern Iowa.

What is the team name of Northern Iowa?

– The Northern Iowa Whiteies?
    – The Northern Iowa Fighting Clansmen?

And Freds give AKs permisssion to forward my e-mails to you. He needs your permission to do so.

Just having some fun Johnny. Freds is a firm believer that everyone gets teased, even white guys. Freds is pulling for UNI as well.

It’s a long road, but it really is one of the many beauties of organized sport that hopefully can spread past the court,field etc.

14. Coolio says:

Vikings site not make everyone = site. Just saying. :). It’s so boring now. I hope the Vikings do something before the draft. Maybe a trade

Adam, another teaser at Viking Update about o-lineman.

16. Hello.. Do you wanna make link exchange with http://www.blogofsport.info ? Please let me know.. Thanks!

17. AequitasVeritas says:

It would be nice to bring in a talented o-lineman like Bruce. Herrera …well… was Herrera, having flashes of being “ok” and mostly leaving a lot to be desired. As for trade talks involving McKinnie, I would say most definitely not. He did not play to his pay grade, potential, or pro bowl status and is not worth a 1st rounder playing subpar at 31 yrs old. Has he had flashes of brilliance? Yes, most definitely. But not as of late. I say if they can package Sage and McKinnie and their 1st rounder and move up to get Berry (safety) that would be a brilliant move. Berry is a game changer. Then go CB or OT in 2nd and 3rd, and Dan LeFevour in the 4th.