Quote Of The Week: Allen’s Golf Tourney

Last week I brought back the “Links of the Week” as a weekly feature, and now I want to bring back the “Quote of the Week.”  By the way, I am all ears if you all have suggestions for weekly features that should be done on this site.

After the break, our quote of the week comes from none other than the ever-quotable Jared Allen.

Allen recently hosted a golf tournament as a fundraiser for his program which builds homes for wounded soldiers, which was inspired by his USO Tour last offseason.  This wasn’t your normal golf tournament, however.

Marines screaming at the golfers while they tried to swing.

Using a Slip ‘N Slide as punishment for poor play.

A pig being roasted.

The back nine of the Night-Ops Charity Golf Tournament was played in the evening.

To sum it up, I’ll leave it to the words of Jared Allen:

We tried to switch it up so it’s not just another lame-ass golf tournament.”

The entire story of the tournament’s creation and success is worth a read and you can do so by clicking here.

12 Responses to “Quote Of The Week: Allen’s Golf Tourney”

One thing about Jared is he’s never boring. Hats off to his worthy charity, the troops really deserve it. I would have loved to been at that golf tournament but for some reason didnt get invited. Maybe next year Freds could pull some strings for me.

2. Ole says:

Adam, how about a weekly winners and losers feature

“Hero and Zero of the week”
    “Champs and Chumps of the week”
    “Homer and Gomer of the week”
    “Hawaii and Alaska of the week”

Also, a “Stupid Quote of the Week” might be fun

How about “40 Viking Years Ago Today” where you could hightlight the game that was played on that weekend 40 years ago.

Ok, who cares, I know. I can just do that myself, I guess. Never mind.

Freds loves the idea Buds!!

Freds will do the first installment:

“40 Viking Years Ago Today, July 13, 1970”

No game was played today, it was the off season and nothing was happening.

Freds hoped everyone enjoyed this first installment of “40 Viking Years Ago Today.”

• CalVkg says:

“40 Viking Years Ago Today, July 13, 1970?…

…carl eller got in a fight with some guy, kicked his sorry azz, of course, and threw him out of the bar, but the guy’s girl friend still wouldn’t leave the bar with poor carl. couldn’t blame her

Cals,

That headline could be as applicable today as to ’70. Poor Carl is right!

This wasn’t quite what I had in mind for “40 Viking Years Ago Today”, but my thanks nonetheless to Cal and Freds for their sincere efforts, misguided though they may be, to add a new feature to the Gab. I look forward to today’s report.

Mornin Coach, Freds.
    You know…I think I remember that Cal. Oh wait, 1970? No, a little before my memory.
    It is 57 days til opening kickoff, 57? 57 Mike Merriweather days!

9. PJD says:

I heard that Tiger Woods was appalled at Allen’s groups lack of decor on the links.