Vikes Mum On McDaniels

Leslie Frazier only has a week left before his self-imposed deadline is up for filling all of his vacant coaching staff positions.

Offensive coordinator is not currently a vacant position.

However, we know that Josh McDaniels met with the Vikings to discuss possibly joining the team as the offensive coordinator.  In the meantime, the current O.C. is seemingly twisting in the wind while a decision is being reached.

So, what is the holdup?

Well, I’ve scoured and scoured the internet trying to find information.  For some reason, the media is dominated by reports of themselves getting way too far ahead of themselves in regards to Tim Tebow and/or Kyle Orton joining the team.

However, I did notice a tidbit at the end of a Vikings Update article stating that the talks between McDaniels and the Vikings are expected to continue into the weekend.

Those hoping that McDaniels becomes the coordinator, however, are growing impatient.

The Vikings Age has an article in which they attempt to “read the tea leaves” and think that McDaniels is more likely to end up in Kansas City, where he would reunite with quarterback Matt Cassell.  However, running the headline “McDaniels unlikely to join Vikings” is more than just a little premature and misleading at this point in the game.

Keep checking back.  I’m monitoring the situation as best as possible.

34 Responses to “Vikes Mum On McDaniels”

1. krugjr says:

good stuff…thanks, Adam…….I keep thinking the QB and stadium mess we’re in might keep the big names away……but I do think there would be less head butting with Frazier than KC’s head coach…just me

GO VIKES!!!!!

2. CalVkg says:

wow

reggie bush sucks.

so does sharper

SB champs NO lost to the only playoff team to have a losing record.

• Fran the Man says:

Works for me. I didn’t want to hear anymore “Who Dat” crap.

Well it’s 6 PM Alaska time and still no word on McD, eh Adam?

I won’t lose any sleep if we miss out on this guy. He might be the real deal but he also could just as easily not be. Lots of fish in the sea. . .

• krugjr says:

loved seeing the saints go down….I’m with you, totally fed up with that New Orleans celebration crap ALL YEAR LONG…….yeah, baby, show me bourbon street NOW…..

GO VIKES!!!!!

Im with you guys, enough who dat sh!t.
    Maybe if they could tackle instead of goin for the strip?

• Purple Charlie says:

Hiya CC !
      I couldn’t believe that run ! I was like well they got the first down,Then wow they will get a shot at the field goal , Then TD!!!

Sea Dat We Dat!!! lol

• c.carterhof says:

Hey Charlie!
        Being out of the playoffs sucks, but rooting against teams you dislike is fun. Especially when the lose.
        Go Eggles!

4. winnipegvikes says:

Bottom line, McDaniels was a great OC in new england. The onlÝ problem is the purple doesn’t have Tom Brady throwing the rock

PKing and JuggZy already have the Tebow thing stoked. Elway prepared to trade Tebow for presumably either Vike # 1 or # 2 choice.

If, if, if.

If Vike trade hire McDaniels
    If Vike decide they want Tebow
    If Bronco decide to trade rights in March
    If Vike don’t trade for Orton instead etc.

Vats of ink available and on-line storage for another divisive discussion.

6. vk4life says:

I wonder the actual possibilty of trying to bring in Tebow if we sign McD as our OC. I am a Gator fan all the way so part of me would love to have him here. I wonder if Tebow was still on the board at 30 last year would we still have traded out.

7. vk4life says:

Elway saying he has no plan on trading Tebow. Becoming very impatient, want things to start to present itself more clearer! OH WELL

8. hookem says:

of topic but NNambi Osumgha is now a free agent. I see all 32 teams showing interest in this guy

• Rory says:

asomugha has only had three interceptions since 2006 which shocks me but i still think frazier cud go after him cos we need quality db’s and hes one of the best

• hookem says:

Yea but look at how many times he has been thrown at. He rarely even gets thrown at because chances are it will be an incomplete pass

9. krugjr says:

I want a Balt blowout….the worse KC looks, the less inviting it may be for McDaniels to go there……weird, I know…..but, so far, KC is setting a franchise playoff record for turnovers…

GO VIKES!!!!!

10. Sb says:

Definately need to pursue nnandi! Don’t look at his int numbers, this year he was only thrown at 33 times this year of which 20 were caught for 200 yards and no tds. I remember a segment on NFL.com last year and at halfway through the year he had only been thrown at 7 times!! He is a beast. There will be quite a market for him I imagine.. If we were lucky enough to land him it would do wonders for our defense.

11. Fran the Man says:

I keep coming back here for an update from Adam telling us that McD has signed on.
    You’re kinda’ letting all of us down here Adam. . .

I guess it was no fluke when Vikes beat the Eagles. They arent that good after all especially their defense, geez.

13. krugjr says:

I don’t think the Eagles will let Kolb go…..

Tell ya what guys,
    I’m sure looking forward to the packers trip to play the Falcons.

I hope the Falcons do the same thing to them that the Ravens did to the Chiefs today.

Hey Charlie, Ya I hope the Falcons kick the total crap out of the cheeseheads or as Dynalee says below, we’ll have to hear about it from those fans all year long. yuck!

15. Dynalee10 says:

Packers are a dangerous team right now , I hope the Falcons bring their A game , if not then the Packoffs could be playing the Bears for the NFCCG, ugh we would never here the end of that from either teams fans.

Ha ha I just read Tom Pelisseros post saying that Frazier has given Bevell and Murphy permission to seek other employment. Doesnt sound good for those guys, more purging of Childos hires.